Saturday 16 February 2013

Catch of the Day!

I'm onto my last ever project on my university course and I've got to say I'm pretty pleased with the brief. It's a doozy! I know I'm a little late in the posting but I wanted to get all the final designs sorted before I put it on my blog.
The brief is the create a character, set, props, etc. for a cereal commercial (or food or drink commercial), design and build it. As I'm only a model maker now I've got to give it the beans when it comes to the build. Anyway, I chose to do a breakfast cereal for fishermen and it's called - wait for it - Catch of the Day! I'm really loving my designs, even though they aren't drawn out that great, and the story line is coming along well. Not to toot my own horn but I think this is going to be my best stuff yet. 

I'll show you some of the designs so far, though there will definitely be more to come sooner or later so watch this space!

This is my Fisherman character, Francis. I'm very excited about knitting his jumper!


This is my breakfast cereal design, there isn't too much detail as it won't be that large when built.

And here is my final set design, it took some time but I finally decided on this as I thought it suited Francis well.


Thanks for taking a look! I'll be posting more pictures and the steps I take to build everything as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment