Tuesday 11 October 2011

Animatic thumbnailing

As part of my preproduction work I had to start thumbnailing how my character will be acting and moving throughout the scene. Most of it's done really roughly just so I get the idea of how each key frame will look and also because I didn't want to spend ages carefully drawing out each part when I'm just going to have to draw it all over again anyway.



I thought I'd show you my rough thumbnail ideas for both the cat and the old lady character before my final, combined thumbnails. My friend was telling me the other day that he didn't realise how much development and pre-preproduction work goes into just the designing. This way you can see how my ideas change, even slightly, to get to the final product, which I'll probably even adjust again when it comes to storyboarding and such.


I wanted to post my final animatic which includes the sound but the clip doesn't seem to want to work, which is a massive inconvenience as I submitted it with the rest of my preproduction work yesterday. I'll try and get it sorted and post it if I can, it's not like it's the best thing ever and you need to see it but I guess it's something to watch if you've got a spare 12 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment