Saturday 22 October 2011

Onto the building stage

So, if you remember my old lady character I posted the other week, well it's time to start building her ready for my animation. It's a lot like building a mini person, starting with the skeleton then fleshing it out and so on. If the armature (skeleton) isn't built right you can end up in a whole lot of trouble down the line. I'll give you a rough idea of what I need to do as the starting point for my final maquette, and I'll give it to you in picture form, the best kind of form.

This is just my construction page that I'll work from as guidance when building, in the process of my actual build I'll be taking pictures of each step so you can see how it's coming along.


The last time I built a working maquette was at the end of my first year for my character project, I made some mistakes during that build that I've definitely learnt from for this one already. Here is my final character build from my first year, this is Raymond the Mole and I'll post the animation that I made to go along with him as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment